Saturday, April 26, 2008
I choose to do my final on the word EMPTY, because my apartment looks empty right now but it is not empty at all.
That got me to thinking about the saying "half full or half empty?" Most people believe that the answer picked decides whether your a optimisitc person or pessimistic. It's interesting how people can tell so much about a person just based on that. Wikipedia says that: The purpose of the question is to demonstrate that the situation may be seen in different ways depending on one's point of view and that there may be opportunity in the situation as well as trouble. Which is what this class is about in the way that it helps us not only think outside of comfort zones but to think of situations in different ways. To see all views of the situation.
I asked some friends what they thought and three of them said full and one said empty. Ever since someone asked me that question in high school I first responded with empty and still think believe that. My reasoning for that before they told me the answers was that the glass was half empty because it was full then someone drank out of it and now its almost empty they just have to finish drinking it.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Monday, April 14, 2008
In class a lot of people had the start of some really good ideas but I think only two people who spoke posted stuff in their blogs. We went on random trips all over campus and explored. We did start to try to go through all the buildings on campus to see how they were all connected. In the end of class there was a little skit. I wasn't sure what to think of the skit at first but once I sat down to type this I think I get it. There was one person one all four corners giving them all something in common. Or that they can relate to each other. Beth and doug skipped in a circle together in the middle of the four cornered kids. I'm not sure what they meant by that but it may be because they were connected by the arms and went in the same motion and dirction.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
I choose to use pictures of trash cans of downtown Indianapolis because it was the first thing I thought of when told to find something that had layers, was more then what they appear. The trash can to most people is seen as a diposal device for stuff that they no longer want but in many ways it could be seen as a gold mine or a design of the surrounding landscape. There were two different styles of trash cans downtown, one that was a black metal frame that opened outward and a octagon shaped one made with rocks surrounding it. Some of the trash cans had a tarp wrapped around it that had a design on it that sutied the seaon of basketball. That is the desgin approch for the trash cans but more importantly is the people who go rely on there being good trash in those cans. The local homeless look for any left item like clothing, or food. They do a pretty good job making sure most of the trash downtown is taken out but I had to looked in most all of the main trash cans and all the best stuff I could find were a black pair of socks.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Senses could lead to curiosity, which leads to many questions. I had this Dairy Queen ice cream cake in front of me because it was my sister's birthday and I had to put her candles into this cold ice cream. Which did not work at all. Thankfully who ever designed the cake but a frosting along the edge that I put the candles in around the cake. The worst part was trying to put the cake. You could tell by looking at it that the ice cream on the top was starting to melt but the cake would not cut still.
Then there was the problem that arose. There are many layers in Dairy Queen cakes. There is the ice cream on the bottom, then the layer of fudge or caramel, then a layer of crumbs of cake, followed by the top layer of ice cream to finish it off. It was the middle layer with the fudge that was giving us trouble cutting. It was not frozen, but by the time we got the piece of cake to come out with the help of two people working on it, the piece jumped out and flipped over onto the rest of the cake. That is one of the hardest things to do that most people under estimate, taking the first piece of cake, pie, or brownie out of the pan.
If this was new to someone they could use all their senses but one. To touch the cake it is cold at first until it starts to melt where it is being touched. It can be tasted my those that are not lactose intolerant. Everyone enjoys the taste no matter how old they are. The only thing is it can not be heard. It might make some noise once it is taken out of the freezer into a warm area, but that is an observation of mine and I could of been just thinking I heard a noise.
It is like those guessing games at animal places or the zoo. Where you have to put your hand through a hole and feel different objects or types of fur and guess what they are. What if we had something like that but for food? That would be fun cause its messy and it deals with using one of the main five senses. The ice cream cake would have to be one just for the fun of it.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Monday, February 11, 2008
Monday, February 4, 2008
Thursday, January 24, 2008
- What if all the chocolate in the world ran out?
- What if there was no such thing as fashion, everyone wore uniforms?
- What if cars were never invented but roads were still made the same?
- What if video games and television were never invented?
- What if lions, tigers, and bears were pets?
- What if we had noses like elephants?
- What if dinosaurs never became extinct?
- What if we could fly?
- What if there was no such thing as sweat pants?
- What if we could go to space whenever we wanted?
- What if we did not need money in life?
- What if dogs and cats were wild animals and not pets?
- What if squirrels had wings?
- What if no one liked OJ(orange juice)?
- What if all cows ran out of milk?
- What if there was no such thing as country music?
- What if dessert always came before dinner?
- What if everyone had to have a tatoo on their foreheads?
- What if cell phones never existed (which includes text messaging)?
- What if we had to wear masks of animals on our faces allthe time?
- What if caffine was illegal?
- What if seafood was meant to be left in the sea?
- What if boys were smart?
- What if no one liked string cheese?
- What if we never got scars?
- What if it was never freezing cold outside?
- What if there was no such thing as homework?
- What if everyone had tentacles?
- What if the moon was really made of cheese?
- What if we were allowed to disintegrate people we did not like?
- What if we were allowed to smart mouth people at work?
- What if there were no stupid people in the world?
- What if everyone had paws instead of hands?
- What if the spoon was never invented (for soup or cereal)?
- What if spiders took over the world?
- What if flies could speak English?
- What if there really was 16 foot giants?
- What if no one liked football?
- What if Peeps came alive after three days?
- What if nothing started (work, school) before noon?
- What if apples were meant to be thrown at people, and not eaten?
- What if there was no such thing as fast food?
- What if Santa Clause lived in a desert instead of the North Pole?
- What if chairs floated?
- What if we could go back in time?
- What if you never went to college?
- What if the sky was green?
- What if we had floatation devices to travel, instead of cars?
- What if everyone had to eat green eggs and ham for breakfast everyday?
- What if monsters really did exist?